Wednesday 28 January 2009

I've been tagged...

I've been tagged by one of my favourite bloggers, LJ of Love, Life and a Double Latte to:

* Go to the fourth folder where you keep your photographs

* Choose the fourth picture

* Explain it.

This is a photo of my beautiful nonna (grandma), taken at my parent's house on (almost) the eve of my 30th birthday. She's 82 here. We were having a family shindig, as Nathan and I were heading off to New York a couple days later to celebrate my entry into the next decade of adulthood. If I could do one thing, it would be to spend more time with my nonna. To drink endless cups of coffee with her, etching the stories of her life into my memory forever. What were her dreams? Who were her best friends when she was five, nine, 12 years old? What were her favourite things to do as a 16 year old? Life was a lot harder for her than I will ever experience in my lifetime, yet despite all this, she has remained ever elegant and loving, offering boundless generosity to anyone she meets.

Here's to you nonna - ti amo sempre.

xxxxoooo

Now it's my turn to tag the following bloggers:

New York City Daily Photo
MahaloFashion
Coco's Tea Party
Mostly Mod

2 comments:

Ming the Merciless said...

Hi Bel, thanks for the tag.

But unfortunately, I won't be able to participate in this game, being that I'm a secret agent who works for an underground agency that nobody knows exists. Oh and my handler's name is Michael Vaughn.

Unknown said...

This is such a lovely picture :)