I've been wanting my own Polaroid camera for a while now and thanks to the inspiration of fellow bloggers who share their beautifully framed, hauntingly grained instant camera images online, I was finally pushed over the edge to get out and source one. First stop - eBay!
I won this Polaroid 636 Instant Camera today and I can't wait to get it in the mail - time to step into Wonder Years mode and start taking some old school photos.
5 things I love about Polaroid photos...
1) The subtle afternoon light that seems to swathe itself across every subject in the image.
2) Their retro sentimental feel.
3) Their ability to instantly transport me back to my childhood.
4) They make everyone smile - bring a polaroid camera out and you can see the memories flood into the mind, and surface on the faces of those old enough to remember the real instant cameras.
5) The excited anticipation of gathering around the still drying film as it morphs from a cloudy blank canvas into images of a moment captured in time.