Thursday 17 September 2009

Meeting an idol...

Just got home from Selfridges, where I met Nick Hornby, my favourite author. He was there for a book signing, promoting his new novel Juliet, Naked, which has just been published. What an awesome guy. Genuinely happy to be meeting and chatting to his fans.

I was lucky enough to see him in New York a couple years back, where he did a reading from his book Slam at Barnes & Noble. I bought the book there and then, but the queue to get it signed was waaaaaay too long. I was more patient this time around (plus the line was shorter) and have my personally signed copy of his new book right beside me.

As a writer myself, he is one of my greatest inspirations. Not only does he write engaging novels about every day people living every day lives, many of which have been adapted to film, he has also co-written a screenplay, An Education, to be released in the UK at the end of October.

Mr Hornby, thank you for writing such wonderful books. I dare to dream of a career as stellar as yours.

4 comments:

said...

wow thats crazy ! your so lucky .

Lynda Willoughby said...

That's unreal!!!!!!

Louise said...

Wow, that's amazing, I love his books! So great to hear he's a nice guy :)

MIL said...

Haven't read any of Nick Hornby's books, but do enjoy reading your blog.