As promised, here are more ideas..............
8. Support your local farmer....their fruit, vegies, eggs, milk etc don't need to travel far, so less fuel is needed to transport them.
9. Plant a bamboo fence.....it looks great, and because bamboo grows so quickly, it absorbs more CO2 than a rosebush!
10. Shut off your computer.......a screen saver IS NOT an energy saver.
11. Switch off power points....75% of all household electricty is from standby power to keep electronics eg TVs, DVDs, stereos etc running when they're "off".
12. Think about packaging....do you really need the plastic covers for blank CDs? Do you really need that many napkins? Why not return the unwanted sugar packets to that cafe?
13. Service your car:
- Tuning your engine can improve fuel-mileage by 4%
- Replacing a clogged air filter can boost efficiency 10%
- Keeping tyres properly inflated can improve mileage 3%
The Result: all these efforts combined may reduce the amount of CO2 emitted by your car by 90kg a year.
Here's to committing to making a change..............it really is up to us as individuals.